Home Order Dynaplug tools Order Dynaplug accessories FAQ Instructions Videos About us / Contact
Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: the Pro Xtreme is recommended for women as the larger handle is easier on the hand
1. Is the Dynaplug® repair permanent?
UTAC has certified the Dynaplug® as a permanent repair when one tire repair plug is used and the puncture is made by an object no larger than a 16d (16 penny) common nail.
2. What happens if the brass tip comes loose inside my
If the brass tip comes loose you have nothing to worry about. We chose brass for the specific reason that it's non-abrasive to the tire. We have conducted centrifugal testing and our findings showed that the tip will eventually break down and disintegrate.
3. How many repair plugs can I use in a puncture?
Up to four plugs can be used for emergency repairs only and to get you to a tire shop that can determine if the tire can be patched from the inside or if it needs to be replaced.
4. How large of a hole can the Dynaplug® fix?
One repair plug usually fills a puncture made by an object no larger than 3/16". If needed, you can add multiple plugs to seal the puncture after the first plug is installed.
5. What kind of tires does the Dynaplug® repair?
Dynaplug® works with all tubeless radial and bias ply tires. Dynaplug® works on cars, trucks, SUVs, ATVs, motorcycles, tractors, RVs and other vehicles.
6. Can I repair a side wall cut or puncture?
There are no companies that recommend repairs of any kind to the side wall of any tire. Even with brand new tires with a side wall puncture, all manufacturers state that the tire must be replaced.
7. Will the repair plug(s) make my tire unbalanced?
No, repair plugs will not unbalance your tire. Testing has proven that a repair plug is equivalent to a small pebble lodged in your tire.
8. What is the white pipe cleaner in the Dynaplug® tire repair kits used for?
If the insertion tube becomes clogged, clean with the pipe cleaner dipped in denatured alcohol, available at your local paint or hardware store. NEVER USE SOLVENTS on the tool.
9. Does the tire require air pressure before plugging?
We recommend a minimum of 10 PSI to ensure an easy insertion of the Dynaplug® tool into the tire. It’s better to have your Dynaplug® pre-loaded with a plug and ready to use before removing the nail. This will insure minimal air loss.
10. Do I need to ream the puncture?
No. The Dynaplug® does not require reaming. Never stretch the hole excessively and never enlarge the hole with a rasp type reamer to accommodate a larger plug. Dynaplug® Pro models come with a Clearing Attachment that does not stretch or enlarge the hole like a reamer.
11. Do you sell different plug sizes?
We only provide one size plug. Because the size of the puncture may vary, it is safe to use up to four plugs for larger holes for emergency repairs only.
12. If the tire is completely flat, can it be repaired?
Yes. However, it’s easier to remove the puncture object and locate the puncture hole when the tire contains air.
13. Does the Dynaplug® repair Run-flat tires?
Dynaplug is fine to use on run flat tires. In fact, it is one of the only solutions that will maintain the air pressure sensors that usually accompany run flat tires.
14. Does the Dynaplug® work on “Z” rated run-flat tires?
The Dynaplug® actually works best on "Z" rated run flat tires as the rubber is formulated to be softer, i.e. lower durometer, for better traction and performance. The rubber formulation is more tacky and the plugs actually bond even better than lower rated tires.
15. Does the plug affect the Tire Pressure Monitoring System?
Dynaplug® repairs will not affect your tire pressure monitoring system.
16. Is the Dynaplug® available at my local auto/tool store?
At this time, Dynaplug® is sold exclusively through our website and select resellers across the United States and Canada.